In Episode 8 we did basically the scariest thing we could imagine: we share really raw writing with you, and we do a mini-critique on them. We’d love it if you would join in next time – or even this time, now that we’ve done this to break the ice. Please feel free to send us your responses to the writing prompt, which was:
Your boss calls you into their office and closes the door. What happens next?
In addition, Meghan shares an epiphany, which also prompts Olivia to consider a new motto.
Things we mentioned:
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The fluency heuristic, discussed here on Gretchen Rubin’s site
- Writing by hand increasing your creativity and reducing your self-editing – here are some sites talking about this: Littlethings.com, Time and JennyBravobooks.com
- Morning pages, as discussed …
- The fact that we need to use all five senses to add layers to our writing, not just our sight