Happy Thanksgiving week to those in or from the United States, and happy penultimate day of November to everyone else. We’re so grateful for each and every one of you!
This week, we give some podcast recommendations in response to a listener question, and we do a mini-critique session for this month’s writing prompt. Then we wrap up with nine tips for surviving Thanksgiving (or any busy or disruptive period).
Interviews with writers
- Scratch Paper with Alicia de los Reyes
- 88 Cups of Tea with Yin Chang
- Happier in Hollywood – especially episode 27 with Jenna Fischer
- Write Now: Coffee Break with Sarah Werner
- WMFA with Courtney Ballastier – the episode with Celeste Ng is fantastic
- #AmWriting with Jessica Lahey and KJ Dell’Antonia
- NY Public Library
- Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert
- Writing University
- DIY MFA Radio with Gabriela Pereira
- This Creative Life with Sara Zarr
Other things we listen to
We also discuss podcasts and favorite books on writing on our own podcast, episode 3: Inspiration and Motivation, so be sure to check that out.